Numbers (minus my mom)


We then got up at 4:30 am on Saturday to get ready for the big day. We arrived super early to set everything up, get our timing chips, eat breakfast and prepare. It was absolutely freezing because of the wind.
Freezing while we wait
We were suppose to start that swim at 8:30 am but at 7 am they told us that because the winds were so bad they were going to delay the start. We waited until 7:45 to be told we were not doing the swim. I was excited for this because it was freezing and did not want to have to get in the cold water. Little did we know that they would then tell us that we had to run the 5k portion twice.
At this point I got worried. I was prepared for the swim because that was the only portion I could train for with my broken foot. I had not run (besides the two times I had when I broke my foot) in a year.
We suited up for the run and warmed our legs up and stretched. The race was so much fun. The first run was great. I was able to run almost all of it and my foot did not give me any problems. The bike was great too. The huge hill that the St. George Tri is famous for was hard but I made it (I did have to stop a couple times). The second run was okay. I was able to run about half of it but due to not running in over a year was not able to run as much as I would have wanted. I think if they had kept the swim, the run would have gone much better since we would have only done it once.
One of the people I did the tri with (Scott) got a flat tire on the course and had to walk his bike back. He was a true sport though and got on Ryan’s bike (another person we went with) and finished the race even though he was way behind. What a good example of never giving up. When we went to walk our bikes to the car and go home, Wes happened to notice that my front tire was flat. I do not know when it went flat, I am just grateful it made it the 13 miles.
Finish line
Everyone that participated in our group finished. Yeah!! Although we were sad that the swim was cancelled and we had to run twice, we had a ton of fun. Macy was such a good girl for Wes and my aunt, who were the official photographers. Thanks guys!! I think I have become addicted (I was warned that I would). I have already started looking for more to race in this summer and even have Wes and a couple other friends wanting to do it with me. Elites and Pros here we come :)

Way to go Becky!!! That is awesome that you were able to complete the race even with having to run two of the 5Ks with your injured foot! I've always said that I wanted to do a marathon, but maybe I should do a triathlon!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome!! Sounds like it would be a lot of work, and way fun to finish - I can see how it could be addicting. How is your foot by the way? Let us know when your next one is, we would love to be your support team!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome! It looks like you had a great time. You look awesome by the way. You are so skinny....I hope I can look half that good after I have the baby. I'll see you tomorrow:)
ReplyDeleteWell done! You and Adam will have to do one together. He's doing one in August in San Diego. I can't believe Macy is about to walk and can't wait until we can see her go.
ReplyDelete