Background

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Any ideas...

On how to get an almost one year old to eat anything besides yogurt, pudding, cheese, fruit, bread with cream cheese or butter, gold fish, teddy grahams, crackers, eggs and lucky charms. She tries to chew carrots raw but will not eat them cooked or cut up. She will not touch foods she does not want to eat, even if we are eating it. She used to eat anything and everything but not anymore. I know it is probably a stage but is there anything I can try?

3 comments:

  1. I'm no help because I am beginning to have the same dilema! What is it with babies...Mattison ate so well when she was first trying foods too and she has been refusing to eat things that she once loved! I also really hope that it's a stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she has a decent diet :). They totally go through stages. Teething especially affects the appetite and pickiness. You just have to keep offering it and show her how excited you guys are to eat the different foods yourself. Alyssa was such a picky eater, I had to feed her infront of a movie. You could add the Nestle Breakfast drink powder to her milk/formula and that will add a lot of nutrition. Good luck...It's not always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going through the same thing and I don't know what to do either. I guess they will live if they only eat crackers but it is frustrating because you want them to eat a more balanced diet. Who knows!?

    Thanks again for inviting us to Macy's party. We had a great time. Ryan did too even though he was a little cranky.

    ReplyDelete