Broken a bone anymore. I lost one of my "I’ve never done" this game answers this week. A couple weeks ago I started training for a sprint triathlon that is in May (I know kind of a late to start training, long story). This past week after running on Monday and Tuesday my right foot was killing me. I decided to break down and go to the doctor because nothing was taking the pain away and I started to feel something move under my skin when I would rotate my foot and lift my big toe.
I went in on Friday and was told that I have a fractured (almost broken) bone on the right side of my right foot. I was shocked. I asked, how could this happen? He stated that running alone could cause it as well as twisting it funny or pretty much anything. I asked what was moving under my skin and he said that a ligament is attached to the bone that is fractured and when the ligament moves with my toes, it moves the bone.
I told him about my race that is just a month away. He said the bone should heal on its own (6-8 weeks) but that I should not run and limit walking (ha ha ha, have you lived with my child?) He gave me a brace to wear to limit the pain because I insisted on not having to wear a ‘boot’ (I also did not want to have to pay for one when my sister has one.) The brace helped for one day but let me tell you a broken foot hurts really bad, even with a brace. I decided to try the boot and it almost makes it pain free. I have to go back in 2 ½ weeks to see if it is healing properly. If it is I will just keep wearing the boot and brace, if not surgery will be considered after the race. As of right now I am only to train for the swimming section because the running and biking sections will hinder the healing.
Even though I lost the I’ve never broken a bone answer I still have a few others I can rely on.
WOW, hope you are healing ok and getting around with Macy. Things are busy, as usual, here. We still need to figure out when to get together for lunch and catching up.
ReplyDeleteOUCH!! That sucks. Wish we were closer so we could help you out. Good thing Macy can't walk yet. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYikes, that's a bummer! I didn't know that you were training for a sprint triathlon! Good luck...hopefully it heals fast!
ReplyDeleteOh, we wanted to get together with you guys when we are in UT!!! We were wondering if Thursday night worked for you guys...we can go out to dinner (something easy of course since we have the girls) and then we can always go back to your place after and hang out and catch up! I think that Matt texted Wes, but we just wanted to know if that worked for you guys! So you can e-mail me and let us know inora84@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteOh no! I am so sorry. That is not fun. If you want to wait until after the baby is born I want to start training for a half marathon.
ReplyDelete