Background

Friday, June 12, 2009

A Better Week

This week was so much better than last week. It started off with us going to Coalville to celebrate Wes’ mom’s birthday and Macy’s birthday. We got to spend time with Adam, Megan and Morgan who were in town from California. We miss seeing them all the time so it was a special treat. Macy loved her cupcake, she devoured it.
(Before)

(After, just crumbs)
Thanks to everyone for her wonderful presents!!

Thursday my brother Brad came home from his LDS mission in Perth Australia.
He was such a great missionary. The people of Australia were lucky to have him and I know they will miss him. We are glad he is home; it feels like he never left. We hung out all night watching basketball and talking. It was great!
Macy got to meet him for the first time as well. She was not sure about him at first especially because he was wearing a hat. By the end of the night she was starting to warm up to him, giving him high fives and showing him toys. She sure does love the little Koala Bear stuffed animal he brought her though. We love you Brad!

(The welcoming committee)
(The siblings back together again)
(The whole family)
The same day we picked up Brad was also Macy’s 1st birthday. We did not really celebrate it because of everything going on with Brad and because we are having a party for her on Saturday. I will post pics of that Sunday or Monday. We went to the doctor today and she weighs 20 pounds 5 ounces (38%) and is 29 inches long (54%). She did not like the doctor one bit which is surprising because she normally like people but I had a feeling she was getting this way because of her reaction to Brad the day before.


Macy is talking like crazy and trying to walk everywhere. She takes about 6-10 steps on her own and then drops to the floor to crawl.
She has figured out how to stand up without pulling herself up on something so I know she so close to walking all the time.


I can’t believe it has been a year. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. Wes and I are amazed by her everyday and can’t believe we are so lucky to be her parents.

6 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I bet your brother was so excited to meet Macy. I can not believe she is already 1. Time goes by way too fast!!! I hope she had a very Happy Birthday. Give her a kiss for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics are so cute! So glad Macy had a good Birthday, and how lucky to meet her uncle Brad on the special day. I am sure that your family is so glad to have him home. You have such a neat family. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a baby! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan can't believe that Brad is already home from his mission! Happy birthday to Macy. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet you are thrilled to have Brad back...how exciting for him to meet Macy. I love her 1 year pics and couldn't believe how big she is. Glad you all got better....what a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I was going back and rereading posts and I realized that I never commented this one...sorry! I love the pictures of Macy, so cute! I still can't believe that she's a year old!!! How fun that her first birthday was the day that your brother got home! I'm sure it's been fun having him back home!!!

    ReplyDelete