Background

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hair Raiser

Macy figured out how to crawl up the stairs last week. She crawls up them so fast. Yesterday she had her first experience with getting down them, by falling. I turned my head for five seconds and she went down. I felt so bad. I’m such a bad mom. She has a big bump and bruise on her head.
My mom kept warning me how life totally changes once they learn to crawl and boy has it but even more that she can go up the stairs. Before she was confined to your living room but now she can get anywhere because she can get up the stairs. She is also standing up everywhere which adds another demension to our lives. We wouldn't trade it for the world though. It is so fun to watch her learn and grow. Crawling up the stairs leads to this…









and this…








It is sure fun though!
I put Macy’s hair in her first pony tail today. I didn’t realize how long her hair was till today. I probably should have been doing this a while ago. It is so cute!!


Well we finally went to the doctor on Friday for Macy’s 9 month appointment even though she is closer to 10 months. She is 18 pounds 9 ounces (38%) and 29 inches long (80%). The doctor was impressed with her friendliness and how happy and active she was. We are so blessed with a happy and friendly little girl.

5 comments:

  1. I love her hair!! Its so dang cute!! And her in the closet is so funny and the even funnier part is its the food closet!!! That girl sure loves to eat!! And you are so far from the worst Mom!!! accidents happen. Love you guys cant wait to see you on saturday! Give Macy a big hug and kiss for me. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great mom! When Hudson fell down the stairs, we called about 3 doctors and both sets of grandparents, freaking out! He was fine, but I understand, it is scary. There's nothing quite like an active baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a bad mom at all...I think that every baby gets hurt on the stairs at one point or another! I'm sure that the stage she's in now keeps you on your toes...she's getting so big! Her hair looks so cute in a pony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! You're going to have to get some gates to keep her locked in. My sister has one blocking the stairs. Brinley's new thing is to climb on the desk and stand on the printer.
    What a fun age!!! I'm sure it makes it hard to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So So Cute!! I can't wait to see her crawl. I think every mom goes through an accident like that. I remember thinking Morgan's bump was going to burst because it got so huge after she hit the tile. Luckily I had a good friend right next to me to calm me down. I think I got more scared then Morgan.

    ReplyDelete