Background

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scratches




So Macy has scratched herself before, as I am sure all kids have. She hates when I cut her nails but likes when I file them down. Today I filed them down because they were getting long again (something I have to do once a week). But holy cow today she scratched her nose in the morning and this afternoon her entire cheek, after I had already filed them down. I filed her thumbs again (I think they were the culprit) so hopefully we can avoid another scratch session.

4 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens! It makes me so sad. All of my nieces and nephews have done that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I do their nails, I do a little clip and then I peel the nail off (peeling toward the hand). Then, there aren't any rough edges. I usually do nails right after they fall asleep for a nap. Then, they aren't moving at all and I can do it really quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad, I hat when babies do that! Matti has a scratch on her nose too, but the sad thing is that it is from me (I was going to feed her and she turned her head and my nail accidently scratched her nose...it was so sad because she screamed).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan did that all the time too. She would scream when I cut her nails. I still did it all the time but somehow she still figured out how to scratch her face all the time. She is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete