Background

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Week of Firsts for Macy

So this week Macy experienced a bunch of first in her life. Wes was gone a lot this week because of the Rocky Mountain Review for the Jazz so we did a bunch of things with my family especially since my sister was down from Idaho.

On Tuesday Macy and I went to see the movie Mama Mia! Well she actually slept through the whole thing. I haven’t seen the play yet which is why I wanted to see the movie. Pierce Brosnon was not a great singer but that is okay. My mom said the play is much better but we agreed that the movie was entertaining (stay during the credits to see some funny singing and dancing).
On Thursday Macy and I went to a Kellie Pickler concert at the Sandy Amphitheatre (I highly recommend attending events there. It is an outdoor theatre with amazing grounds around it). I know, I know, Kellie Pickler, but she was really good. The workers gave us ear plugs to drown out some of the noise. We even sat by a little girl that was born a week before Macy. She slept through most of the concert once it got started, until Kellie sang “Didn’t you know that I loved you.” It woke her up, because she sang it with such passion, so we listened to the rest outside the amphitheatre. She loved listening to the music and being outside.
On Saturday she witnessed her first parade, sort of. Cedar Hills has a 24th of July parade the Saturday after the 24th every year. She managed to stay awake while we walked to our spot and waited for the parade to start and then fell asleep right as it got started. Oh well, better luck next year. She did sleep right through the loud police motorcycles and fire trucks though. I am beginning to see a pattern here. We take her to events and she just sleeps. I am not complaining though because she is a great baby. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. I don’t know how we ever lived without her.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun...that's so good that Macy at least sleeps through it all rather than crying (then you can enjoy yourself)! Macy is seriously growing so fast...she looks different every time you post new pics of her! She's such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so dang cute. I love all of the new pictures. She is growing so fast. Can't wait to see you guys. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! She slept the whole time she was here too. Take advantage of it, sometimes I wish just one of mine would sleep a minute!

    ReplyDelete